Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reading Lists & Impatience

At this point in time, I’m trudging through Robert Jordan’s Wheel of time series. I say trudging because while I thoroughly enjoy the books, every single one of them are extremely long. I’m 177 pages into book 8 (The Path of Daggers), and I’m not even close to being 1/3 of the way through the darn book! I have 495 pages left, and this one is relatively short compared to other books (Crossroads of Twilight is about 150 pages longer than Path of Daggers). While I want (and will) finish this series, there are TONS of other books and/or series that I want to read right now, namely book 5 in Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon series, The Burning Land. So while I wait, here are some books I will be reading in the not-so-near future.

  • The Burning Land- Bernard Cornwell
  • Next- Michael Crichton
  • Stone of Tears- Terry Goodkind
  • Hood- Stephen R. Lawhead
  • A Game of Thrones- George R.R. Martin
  • Mistborn- Brandon Sanderson
  • Academ’s Fury- Jim Butcher
  • East of Eden- John Steinbeck
  • Blue Like Jazz- Donald Miller
  • The Shack- William P. Young
  • The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life- Louie Giglio
  • The Complex Infrastructure Known as the Female Mind: According to Relient K- Mark Nichols

Patience is not one of my virtues… *sigh* I’m working on it. The funny thing is that I’ll probably be sad when I finish the Wheel of Time series.

P.S: Christopher Paolini, when in the heck is book 4 of the Inheritance cycle coming out!?

No comments:

Post a Comment