Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Valhalla is Near

This is another poem in my poem collection; another Norse setting. Hope you like it! Let me know what you think in a comment!

Valhalla Is Near

Valhalla is near- I can feel it,

In my bones and in my heart.

From the blood on my chest and in my beard,

I can tell that the time is near.

What a battle it was!

With a sword in one hand and shield in the other,

I have instilled terror in the hearts of men all over the Northlands.

What a blow he gave me!

Curse the man who slew me!

May he rot from the inside out,

Wolves eat his flesh,

And the ravens peck out his eyes!

What a chill I feel!

The wind freezes my feet,

The moon hides behind the clouds,

Dark and cold is my demise,

And so is my countenance.

What a feast there will be!

With sword in hand, Brynhildr will carry me to Valhalla

May Odin and Thor welcome me,

Tyr and Njördr congratulate me,

And raise a toast in honor of my life.

Valhalla is near,

I can feel it in my bones...

No comments:

Post a Comment