Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quotes

I really like looking for and reading quotes, even though a lot of them are misquotes, the words are encouraging, edifying, and motivating. Here are a few of my favorites!

  • "If you're kind, people will accuse you of selfish motives; be kind anyway. If you're successful, you'll win both false friends and true enemies, succeed anyway. What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight; build anyway. The good you do today most people will forget; do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway. In the final analysis it's between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway." -Mother Theresa
  • "Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." -Theodore 'Dr. Seuss' Geisel
  • “People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing.” -Florence Foster Jenkins
  • "Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." -Terry Goodkind
  • "Life is tough. Life is tougher when you're stupid." -John Wayne
  • "Then let us all do what is right; strive with all our might toward the unattainable, develop as fully as we can the gifts God has given us, and never stop learning" -Ludwig van Beethoven
  • "I guess you'd call me an independent, since I've never identified myself with one party or another in politics. I always decide my vote by taking as careful a look as I can at the actual candidates and issues themselves, no matter what the party label." -Jackie Robinson
There will definitely be more quote posts in the future, but I'll try to spread them out a bit. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment