Saturday, February 5, 2011

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, Part 1

As a special treat this Thanksgiving break, my mother took my brother Matthew and I to go see the newest Harry Potter movie. It had been a long time since I had read the books though, and I wasn’t sure how much I had remembered about the book (which is one of my favorites, along with books 1 and 4). I would have liked to reread the book before seeing the movie, but then again, I had neither the time nor the energy to do so, so I went.

I liked the movie, more than most of the other ones. I could only point out a couple of mistakes (that I could remember…apparently my reading comprehension/memory skills have been in decline). The last HP movie I enjoyed this much was #4, even though they left a ton out of the movie.

As a general rule, I love the books and don’t like the movies, but if they had made them all this good, I think that might have changed. They certainly could never have made me like the movies better than the books, but I would have enjoyed them more than I currently do. I will say that the DVD releases have a lot of cool extras on them (not anywhere close to the LotR Extended Editions, but hey, most other DVD’s don’t either).

In my book (hehe, get it?), the best movie adaptation of a novel is still held by the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I think I’ll give it a 4/5 stars. GO SEE IT WHEN YOU HAVE THE CHANCE! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment