Sunday, August 7, 2011

Memories From Childhood, Part III

The BBC Chronicles of Narnia movies (1988-1990)

I watched these videos so many times when I was little...It originally was a TV miniseries on the BBC network. By the time I got my little hands on it, it was a 3 disc DVD collection; one for The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe, one for both Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and one for The Silver Chair. While the special effects and costuming of the animal characters were pretty bad, the music and plot lines were enjoyable. The animal suits never really detracted from the whole experience for me, even now (and those beaver suits were pretty bad).

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (2003)

This game has got to be (other than Pokemon) the game that I have played the most, logging over 100 hours of gameplay. I love this game (and it's sequel)! While the missions never change, there are so many of them. Plus there are a ton of different job and ally configurations to try, it never gets old. Definitely one of my favorite strategy games.







Rocket Power (1999-2004)
Good show from the early 2000's. My favorite character was Tito, of course. Kinda makes you wish that you lived in Hawaii. And, like in "Lord of the Flies", my friends associated me with the fat, geeky kid with glasses...so I was Squid. Jerks ;)

The Giver- Lois Lowry (1993)


I read this book in elementary school, though I can't remember if I read it in fifth or sixth grade (age 11 or 12). I really like this book- it's my favorite out of all of the "required readings" I had to do in elementary school. My only complaint is that it was too short. I have heard that there are two more books in the series, so I'll definitely check those out in the future. I believe they're called "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger".

No comments:

Post a Comment