Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Further Fantasy Reading

This was originally going to be the "Advanced" guide to fantasy, but I feel like people wouldn't necessarily agree with my choices. The great thing is that people all read at different levels. I read The Lord of the Rings when I was in junior high, but someone else could have read it earlier, or later. This list is for either books with more mature content or ones I have left out in my other lists (see here: Beginner's Guide to Fantasy & Intermediate Guide to Fantasy). Note that I have not read all of the books on this list, nor necessarily enjoyed them myself (I hated Jonathan Strange), but they come highly recommended by lots of other people. I hope you enjoy these books if you ever get the opportunity to! These are in no particular order.


The Silmarillion- J.R.R. Tolkien

Wizard's First Rule- Terry Goodkind

The Eye of the World- Robert Jordan

A Game of Thrones- George R.R. Martin

Tigana- Guy Gavriel Kay

Gardens of the Moon- Steven Erikson

Mistborn- Brandon Sanderson

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell- Susanna Clarke

The Name of the Wind- Patrick Rothfuss

Sabriel- Garth Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment