Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Beginner's Guide to Fantasy

I know that I've put up a lot of video game oriented stuff lately, so in order to get back to the BOOK part of The Book Wyrm, I thought I'd do a list of recommendations of fantasy books. This is for those of you who are new to fantasy and aren't really sure where to start. All of these books are fantastic, but are really targeted to young adult. That doesn't mean older people can't enjoy them though! I'm not going to rank them, since the quality of a book is really everyone's personal opinion. You might think some of these books suck, and you're entitled to have that view. Anyway, here are my recommendations:


The Hobbit- J.R.R. Tolkien










Eragon- Christopher Paolini






The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe- C.S. Lewis










Redwall- Brian Jacques










The Ruins of Gorlan- John Flanagan










The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins










The Lightning Thief- Rick Riordan










The Golden Compass- Philip Pullman










The Furies of Calderon- Jim Butcher










Artemis Fowl- Eoin Colfer

No comments:

Post a Comment