Sunday, July 31, 2011

Memories From Childhood, Part II

Movie
The Sandlot (1993)
Man, this movie has it all: Funny lines, great characters, awesome music, and baseball. I loved this movie as a kid, and I still greatly appreciate it even though I like other movies more. My favorite scene is when they play a night game on the 4th of July, and the fireworks are going off, and Ray Charles is singing America the Beautiful in the background...simply awesome! 

"You drink out of the toilet...and you like it!" 
"Well, you play ball like a girl!" 
*gasp*

Video Game
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (1998)
Oh geez, this game was/is great. I wish that I still had the cartridge so I don't have to play it on an emulator. Either way, this was one of my first GameBoy games, and definitely my first Legend of Zelda game. My cartridge had a glitch or something in it though... it would always wipe the memory right after I beat the last dungeon, so technically I've never beaten it.

TV Show
Dexter's Laboratory (1996-2003)
I really liked this show when I was a kid, though I'm not really sure why. It's not that it's a bad show, I just don't remember why I liked it so much. My favorite episodes are the D&D spoof episode and the one where Dexter and his friends become superheroes. It's not "Lab-ratory" it's "La-bor-a-tory"!

No comments:

Post a Comment