Friday, July 1, 2011

Quotes, Part II

I really like looking for and reading quotes, even though a lot of them are misquotes, the words are encouraging, edifying, and motivating. Here are a few more of my favorites!


  • "I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borge
  • "A room without books is like a body without a soul." -Cicero
  • "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
  • It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
  • "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." -Albert Camus
  • "Live as you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Mahatma Gandhi
  • "Friendship is born at that moment where one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'" -C.S. Lewis
  • Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away." -Robert Maynard Hutchins
  • "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid misinformed beholder a black eye." -Jim Henson
  • "The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment